Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Cleaning with a toddler...



So I've gotten the question a lot lately how I keep our house so clean. First I can assure you we have our days. Toddlers are messy and I only have one so I know it couldn't be way worse haha. I wanted to write this out and share some things that work for me. I'm no pro but since I had people asking I figured I would share what we do!

1.  CLEAN WITH THEM
This past month I have been having Rosie help me a lot more with "chores". I found out shes actually a pretty good help and she really enjoys it. I know our biggest issue is her being naughty lately. Keeping her busy I found is best. These little activities have kept her happier and in less trouble.







2. KEEP IT FUN
I am always pushing her in laundry baskets, counting each piece of laundry that goes in or out of the dryer. We play music while we clean and sing and dance along.



3. SNACKS/NAP TIME
If your child is small enough and you have things to put away, clean or organize that are not for little hands there is a couple ways I do this depending on the task. If I need to mop the floors.. I wait til nap time or bedtime. If I need to fold some laundry without little hands undoing everything I put her in her high chair or booster and give her a snack to entertain her time. If I need a little more time I give her some coloring crayons and book and let her keep busy!


I know cleaning with your little ones makes things a lot slower and sometimes just way more frustrating but be patient and involve them. I know I'm not only keeping Rosie busy and out of trouble but I am also teaching her lessons in responsibility and helping out! Plus I've actually learned to enjoy cleaning myself as well now that we make it fun!

Do you have any good tips on cleaning with kids? I would love to hear them below!! :)